Getting a massage can do you a world of good! Therapeutic massage naturally promotes well-being and enhances your body’s own restorative powers. It is a valuable addition to your health and fitness routine and an ideal complement to other healthcare treatments services.
OUR CERTIFIED THERAPISTS SPECIALize IN SEVERAL MASSAGE THERAPY TECHNIQUES
- Swedish: Relaxes the body, improves muscle tone, and stimulates circulation.
- Sports: Enhances athletic performance, helps prevent injury and speed recovery, and improves the quality of healing.
- Deep Tissue: Deep manipulation of muscle tissue to relieve tension knots and pools, and chronic muscular pain.
- Pre/Postnatal: Reduces discomforts of pregnancy due to stress on joints/muscles, enhances well-being, and helps rebalance the physiology and emotions of new mothers.
|10 one-hour session
Gift Certificates are available!
Massage Info/Schedule PDF
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your health and wellness regimen. While it is generally known to reduce stress and improve circulation, its effects are many and varied. Massage can also:
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping.
- Increase joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Reduce fatigue, depression and anxiety.
- Help reduce recovery time from injury.
- Aid in pain management.
- Improve athletic performance.
- Reduce low back pain/discomfort.
- Reduce incidence and severity of headaches.
- Ease discomforts of pregnancy and shorten labor for expecting mothers.
SCHEDULING YOUR MASSAGE
- Appointments for men are scheduled with male massage therapists.
- Appointments for women are scheduled with female massage therapists.
- YMCA/BFC membership is not required.
A HEALTHY RESPONSE
Massage may feel like a pampering treat, but it is truly an effective and rejuvenating therapeutic treatment. In response to massage, a range of beneficial physiological and chemical changes are set in motion throughout the body that results in:
- Improved lymph function and removal of toxins and waste products stored in the muscles.
- Increased blood flow to muscles, vital organs, and tissue.
- Stimulation of the body’s relaxation response.
- Released endorphins.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our experienced massage therapists will do everything possible to ensure that your experience is positive and rewarding.
- You’ll be asked about your reasons for having the massage, current physical conditions and areas of pain, a brief medical history and other relevant lifestyle issues. Your massage therapist will then recommend the type of massage that is best for you.
- There are some instances where massage may not be an appropriate treatment. If you are unsure or have specific questions, please consult your physician before scheduling your a treatment.
- Your personal privacy is respected before, during, and after your treatment
- We are dedicated to maintaining a relaxing and comfortable environment for our clients. If you experience distractions or physical discomfort at any time, please let your massage therapist know or feel free to speak to the BFC Director.
Questions? For an appointment schedule or to book your massage, please call 201-444-5600, ext. 346.
24 Hour Cancellation Policy. Clients are responsible for payment in full if we do not receive required notice.