Camp Pamacka-1st through 6th Grades
For over 45 years, the Ridgewood YMCA Camp Pamacka has offered children grades 1-6 the opportunity to expand their talents and interests, build self-confidence, and create lasting memories and friendships.
Camp days are packed with swim lessons (taught under the direction of our certified YMCA Aquatic Directors), sports, camp songs, Aquatics, games, special trips, theme parties and of course, loads of fun!
GRADES: 1st - 6th
*New HOURS: Camp: 9am-4pm; before care 7-9am; after care 4-6pm
LOCATION: The Ridgewood YMCA Camp Pamacka will be held at the Travell Elementary School in Ridgewood
RATIO: 10 Campers to 1 YMCA Counselor
FEES: 2018 Weekly fee is $380 or 2 week option is $660
Please note: July 2-July 6 is a 4 day camp week and the weekly fee is $304. If combined with week 1, then the 2 week fee is $594. Week 9 8/20-8/24 is a single week in the session and is $330
BEFORE CARE FEES (7 - 9am): $75
AFTER CARE FEES (4 - 6pm): $75
new for 2018
- Extended hours for before and after care (open at 7am and close at 6:00pm)
- Extra session week added in August
- Aftercare Adventures! Add a la carte option to after care (offer swim or enrichment classes for kids to choose from after the regular camp day ends). Additional fees will be charged for classes.
- Uses grade levels instead of ages for Camp (1st to 6th grades)
- Snack Shack! Kids can purchase their own snacks!
- Team building and nature survival skills
2018 DATES AND THEMES
|Session 1 Week 1
||June 25 - June 29
|Session 1 Week 2
||July 2 - July 6 (no camp on July 4th)
||Stars and Stripes
|Session 2 Week 1
||July 9 - July 13
||Let's Get Messy
|Session 2 Week 2
||July 16 - July 20
|Session 3 Week 1
||July 23 - July 27
|Session 3 Week 2
||July 30 - August 3
|Session 4 Week 1
||August 6 - August 10
|Session 4 Week 2
||August 13 - August 17
||Once Upon a Time
|Session 5 Week 1
||August 20 - August 24
||Bon Voyage Summer
|Session 5 Week 2
||August 27 - August 31
||Post Summer Fun
FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE
|Session 1 Week 1; Wednesday, June 27
|| Graydon Pool
|Session 1 Week 2; Friday, July 6
|| Bounce U
|Session 2 Week 1; Wednesday, July 11
|| Tomahawk Lake
|Session 2 Week 2; Wednesday, July 18
|| Ice House
|Session 3 Week 1; Wednesday, July 25
|| Graydon Pool
|Session 3 Week 2; Wednesday, August 1
|| Bronx Zoo
|Session 4 Week 1; Wednesday, August 8
|| Tomahawk Lake
|Session 4 Week 2; Wednesday, August 15
|Session 5 Week 1; Wednesday, August 22
|| Field Station Dinosaurs
INCLUDED IN EACH TWO WEEK SESSION
- Art projects using recycled materials to raise environmental awareness and spark creativity and imagination.
- Camp-wide charitable event in support of community agencies and non-profit groups.
- YMCA swim lessons to promote personal water safety and to learn and improve swim skills from beginner to advanced.
- Every Friday is pizza!
- Special guests come every 2 weeks to entertain and teach the kids about nature, magic, special themes and more!
- Sports lessons and game play to foster teamwork and to learn and improve sports and motor skills.
- Camp songs to encourage participation, camp unity and leadership and provide the opportunity for organized silliness and fun.
- Field trip for education and recreation in a different learning environment and the opportunity for responsibility in a supervised setting.
- Trip to Graydon Pool to practice swim skills learned in camp and enjoy outdoor recreational swimming and beach play.
Camp Medical Form
Camp Financial Assistance Forms
Camp For All - Scholarship Application
REGISTER IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING WAYS
Register in one of the following ways:
- Click the "Register" link above to register online
- Download a registration form using link at bottom of this page.
- Email: Request a registration form by emailing Tricia Centrella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 201.444.5600 ext. 500 to request a registration form and we’ll be happy to mail one to you.
- Mail or bring your completed registration form and deposit to Ridgewood YMCA Day Camps, 112 Oak Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.
- Fax your completed registration form to 201.493.0606.
THINGS TO KNOW
All campers must have a Ridgewood YMCA membership valid through the entire camp session for which they are registering. To purchase a YMCA membership for your child (starting at $50 per year), please call 201.444.5600 ext. 500 or stop by the Y. Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online on our website. If you are unsure of your child's expiration date, please give us a call to confirm.
- At time of registration, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required for each week or session of camp enrolled per child.
- Space is camp is limited and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional siblings are entitled to a 10% insentive on camp.
- All outstanding camp balances are due by June 1, 2018. Camper slots are subject to forfeiture if payment is not received by due date. Payments made to date will not be refunded.
- For your convenience, automatic installment payments are processed through credit or debit cards. For more information, please call 201.444.5600 ext. 500. All deposits are due at registration.
- All campers must submit completed medical and immunization forms (signed by a physician) prior to their first day of camp. Campers will not be able to attend camp is medical forms are not received. Medical forms may be found on our website at www.ridgewoodymca.org/camp, picked up in person at our Welcome Center or call 201.444.5600 ext. 500 to request forms in the mail.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- All deposits and membership fees are non-refundable.
- Camp fees may be refunded as follows:
- Cancellations more than 30 days before your session start date will receive 100% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
Cancellations within 15-30 days before your session starts will receive a 50% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- No refunds will be allowed within 2 weeks of start of your camper’s session.
- If your child is absent from camp for medical reasons (physicians’s note required) for five consecutive days, we will attempt to place your child in another session or will issue a credit voucher. There will be no credits issued for vacations, incidental absences, transportation delays or dismissals from camp.
YMCA CAMP STAFF
Our counselors complete at least 25 hours of YMCA training including child abuse prevention, risk management, youth development and more. Prior to hiring, all staff over the age of 18 undergo a thorough background check.
CAMP For ALL - SCHOLARSHIP application
Camp Scholarships are available based on camp capacity, demonstrated need and the YMCA’s ability to fund the assistance. To apply for a camp scholarship, please complete the Financial Assistance Application at the bottom of this page and return to Megan Heller at 201.444.5600 ext. 375 or email email@example.com. All requests for camp scholarships are confidential. Completed camp scholarship applications must be submitted by April 8, 2018.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
Every day, campers should bring a backpack, a healthy lunch and afternoon snack, a water bottle, sunscreen, sneakers, a swim suit and towel. Please label all of your child’s belongings. All left items will be donated at the end of summer.
DO NOT BRING
We are a nut free camp so please do not send your child to camp with any products containing nuts. Also, please do not send your child to camp with electronics (iPods, Nintendo DS, etc.). The Y is not responsible if items are lost or stolen.
Please note on your child’s medical form any special medication (prescription or non-prescription) that he/she needs.
CAMP CONTACT INFORMATION
Bianca Perez, Youth Sports and Camp Director / firstname.lastname@example.org / 201.444.5600 ext. 337