Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Ridgewood Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
ABOUT Y MEMBERSHIPS
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
- Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
- You will have a full Triangle Membership for 6 months. We can renew your membership, in 6 month increments, for up to 18 months total, provided that you check-in at our facility a minimum of 8 days per month.
- As a member, you're also eligible for the discounted member rates for many of our programs and classes.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.mil or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the Ridgewood Y for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.