MEMBERSHIP IS OPEN TO ALL REGARDLESS OF PLACE OF RESIDENCE, RACE, SEX or CREED.
- Membership fees along with Joiners Fees are non-refundable.
- Memberships may be placed on a personal hold for a minimum of one month and maximum of three months once per calendar year. Memberships may be placed on medical hold (doctor’s note required) for a minimum of one month (no maximum). Personal hold requests must be submitted in writing prior to hold dates and may not be back dated. All hold requests must be for full months (no partial months permitted). Fill out the form online www.ridgewoodymca.org/hold .
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Membership is not transferable; loan of membership card subjects the owner to loss of privileges.
- There is a charge for lost membership cards.
- Membership must be valid through the entire session in order to register for classes.
- Membership card must be presented when using facilities or registering for classes.
- For confidential financial assistance information, contact Megan Heller, ext. 375. Click here to view our membership fees.
CREDIT / REFUND POLICY
The purpose of our credit/refund policy is to allow the YMCA to offer quality programs and proper class ratios while maintaining flexibility to our members.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel or combine classes because of insufficient enrollment or conditions beyond our control. If we cancel any class in which you are enrolled, you will be given a full/prorated refund or voucher.
- Vouchers are applicable toward any YMCA program and are good for one year from date of issue. Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Vouchers are good for one year from the date of issue. No refunds or vouchers are given for memberships, swim team or gift certificates.
- In order to keep our class fees as low as possible, we are unable to issue vouchers for missed classes or activities, including those classes cancelled as a result of unscheduled building closures (such as closure from inclement weather). Makeup classes are not available due to the design of our programs.
- If registration in a class or program is cancelled by a member before the start of the session a full refund will be issued, minus a $10.00 service fee. After the first class, a prorated voucher minus a $10.00 service fee will be issued. There will be no refunds or vouchers for registration cancelled after the 2nd class unless a physician’s note is issued.
Note: above cancellation policy does not apply to camp or membership. Please see our camp guide for camp cancellation policy. To cancel a membership it must be submitted through this link.
A national YMCA program that allows use of YMCAs while away from home. Click here for more information.
SUPERVISION FOR CHILDREN UNDER AGE 12
- Your children’s safety is our priority.
- Parent/guardian supervision at all times.
- Parent/guardian to accompany children for check in at locker room and with instructor.
- Parent/guardian to remain in the building during children’s participation in classes and programs that run for one hour or less.
- Non-Compliance: Child will not be permitted to participate in class. No refund or make-up for missed class.
All members and guests are required to evacuate the building in case of building emergency or drill.
Gymnasium use requires that members present membership cards or passes and sign in with the locker control attendant.
Please use the appropriate locker room based on your membership type. Padlocks must be removed at the end of each day’s use. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Private parking is available only while using the Y's facilities (State Statute 39:4-56.6).
Showering is required by state law before entering pools or whirlpool. Swim instruction and coaching are not permitted during open swim periods.
Valuables may be secured in the mini-check lockers on the second floor. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The whirlpool is for adults 18 and older. Scheduled whirlpool maintenance is Tuesday and Friday mornings.
MEMBERSHIP FOR ALL PROGRAM FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
Membership is open to all. For individuals and families in need, contact Megan Heller, Membership and Special Projects Manager, ext. 375.
FOR DISABLED MEMBERS/GUESTS
Designated parking spaces and ramp are available in the main parking lot. Additional changing areas and toilet facilities are located on the first floor. Both pools have stairs with railings for easy accessibility. For handicap access requiring pool lift, contact Linda Doller, ext. 348 for appointments and guidelines. Pool toilet facility is located on the deck of Habernickel Pool.
Do something good! The YMCA needs your time and talents! To volunteer at the Y, please contact Megan Heller at 201.444.5600 ext. 375.
FREE SUPPORT GROUPS
Contact Megan Heller at ext. 375 for information about support groups.
COMMUNITY THRIFT SHOP
Contribute to the Ridgewood YMCA by donating clothes and items at the Red Cross Community Thrift Shop. Mention YMCA account #34 when dropping off your items and proceeds from the sale of those items will benefit the Ridgewood Y. The Red Cross Community Thrift Shop is located at the rear of the Midland Park Shopping Center, 85 Godwin Avenue. Thrift Shop receiving days are Mondays and the first Saturday of the month.