BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT
Here at the Y, we're focused on nurturing the potential of every child, improving the nation's health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. By joining our team you'll be inspired to make a difference every day... in a job that matters.
Ridgewood YMCA Employment Application
Part Time Competetive Swim Coach
Operating under the supervision of the Competitive Swimming Director, you will be responsible for designing and implementing a practice plan that will lead our swimmers to succeed within the operating philosophy of the Breakers and at the highest level of achievement for each athlete. The Ridgewood YMCA Swim Team is one of the top Y/USA Swimming teams in New Jersey and practices at three two different sites during the school year and an outdoor 50-meter pool during the long course season.
- Attends meets that his/her swimmers attend or as assigned by the Head Coach
- Provides constructive feedback to the swimmers
- Enforces the rules and policies of the team and the YMCA
- Maintains attendance records
- Attends coaches’ meetings
- Performs other duties as required or requested assigned by the Head Coach.
- High School diploma required; college preferred
- Prior experience as a competitive swimmer necessary
- Coaching experience in a year-round program or summer league team a must
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR, First Aid, Safety Training for Swim Coaches and YMCA Principles of Swimming and Diving and athlete protection as required within three months of employment
- Must be willing to submit to background checks as required
- A valid driver’s license and own transportation to travel to our different practice sites and invitational meet sites also required
- Must possess the passion and knowledge to help our swimmers attain their goals and develop both as swimmers and people
- Must continue to learn about the most up to date competitive swimming techniques as are appropriate given the practice group assigned to the coach
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Hy-Tek Meet Manager and TeamUnify necessary
Job Type: Part-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Youth Basketball Instructor
Print Job Description
Purpose of Position: To provide an enjoyable and safe Basketball experience for an assigned group of youth while they learn individual and team game skills, sportsmanship, and fair play. Create learning opportunities and curriculum for ages 3-10. May require working with volunteers who support program and curriculum. Must be able to commit to a full 8-week session. Classes are on Fridays, 6:45PM-9:00 not including set up time from Jan 11th – March 1st 2018
1. Coach an assigned group of children emphasizing skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, and fun.
2. Preside over team activities including all scheduled team practices and games
3. Be responsible for team equipment.
4. Ensure equal playing time for all your players regardless of the score.
5. Work to establish and improve team unity and spirit.
- Prepares teaching area and class with necessary equipment and the returns equipment to proper storage area when class is complete.
- Works with individuals and groups within a class structure to enable all to correct faults, improve self-image, and progress their abilities.
- Keeps class attendance records.
- Follows designated curriculum for classes to ensure basic components are met and set standards for progression are followed.
- Being able to quickly manage injures and protocol in addition to properly reporting and informing any incidents or accidents to the Director
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Must take Redwoods training and complete a national background and sex offender check with Ridgewood YMCA
- Must obtain CPR/FA within 2 weeks of hire. Ridgewood YMCA to provide
- Have basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Must be able to demonstrate and explain basic sports skills that are being taught to multiple ages and be inclusive of all.
- Must be able to work at the learning level of particular class.
- Minimum of 3+ yrs prior teaching experience. College degree in related field.
- Support YMCA mission and perform to our core values
- Respect, Responsibility, Honesty and Caring.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally- Having multiple sport background is a plus
- Ability to solve problems and see projects and curriculum through to completion in class time
- Ability to influence others and effectively manage multiple stakeholder relationships
- Must be able to exchange accurate information while frequently communicating with supervisor, staff and members.
- Moderate lifting and physical effort required for sports
- Be able to conduct class in a Basketball Gym environment
Print Job Description
Under direction, Reporting to the Camp Director, the Camp Counselor is expected to guide campers throughout the camping experience and assist them with daily camping activities and programs; ensure safety and well-being of campers; supervise campers and staff to ensure that camper and parent needs and expectations are met, and deliver on the overall camp experience strategy.
- Assist in the supervision of camp activities; ensure all camper participation in group and camp activities. Actively participate in activities as required to encourage participation. Build relationships with campers to assess individual needs and interests. Ensure that all program objectives are met.
- Interpret and maintain safety and health policies and procedures; review and understand the roles and responsibilities of the Camp Counselor position in emergency procedures; ensure appropriate behavior of campers and staff to avoid risk of accidents; maintain awareness of camper physical well being; participate in safety programs each week; adhere to policies and procedures when caring for injured campers; report all incidents. Promote a professional image, maintain a clean and safe environment and actively engage, orient and assist all program participants.
- Serve as role model for campers by arriving to camp, trips, meetings and activities at assigned time; display good sportsmanship; maintain a positive attitude about camp, campers, and staff; use appropriate language; follow YMCA rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining effective communication with parents/guardians regarding camper and camp activities. Ensure that campers and parents are comfortable with the activities and supervision of camp.
- Participate as a member of the staff team and perform any related duties as required.
- Participate in staff training, meetings and conferences as required.
- Ensure quality of camp by noting any problems, safety concerns, or equipment disrepair. Ensure camp and equipment cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a clean, well-groomed appearance while on duty and keeping in compliance with the Association and Department Dress Code Policy
- A continued commitment to member satisfaction by ensuring excellent Member Experience
- Maintaining the safety of all members and staff by identifying and correcting risk situations, writing incident reports, etc.
- Ensuring the overall cleanliness of the facility
- A commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Keeping the children in the care of the Ridgewood YMCA and participating in programming within the branch safe from harm and reporting signs and suspicions of abuse when necessary to the requisite state agency
Exposure to weather, wet and/or humidity, high levels of noise.
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions to staff, members, children, and volunteers accurately, quickly, and loudly; ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear; running quickly on land then safely entering the water; general swimming ability; ability to lift 50-75 pounds; ability to move about on foot quickly; ability to stoop, kneel, crouching and crawl; ability to clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more
- At least 16 years old, high school graduate or equivalent with experience working with children and at 3 years old or working as a Y Camp Counselor or as a counselor in a comparable program.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and experience working with children.
- Ability to deal effectively with inappropriate behavior and recognize hazard situations.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
- Acquire and maintain the following certifications, will provide camp during training:
- CPR Pro/AED/O2 (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- First Aid (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- Pediatric First Aid (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- Redwoods Online Training
- Please email application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Service Representative
Immediate opening for our morning and weekend as well as afternoon and weekend shift.
Candidate must be a morning person as well as a courteous and caring professional.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the building
- Answer phones and questions relating to membership, programming and the Y
- Enroll and register individuals in membership and programming
- Give cause driven tours to prospective members
Immediate opening for mornings, afternoons and evenings. Must have current CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguarding certification. Must be at least 16 years of age, but will consider a mature 15 year old with proper certifications. Salary negotiable. Please email your resume to: email@example.com
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS
Inspire others. Get people moving. Join our team.
We're in search of enthusiastic, energetic instructors to join our team. Current Group Exercise, CPR/AED and at least 2 MOSSA Certifications (if you don’t have MOSSA certs, but have Les Mills, we can transition you) required, along with the ability to teach at least 2 MOSSA classes per week. Varied hours available. If interested, please email your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org
AQUA EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS
We're seeking upbeat, motivated individuals to teach aqua exercise. Must be at least 18 years of age. CPR/AED Certification required; Aqua Exercise Certification preferred, but will train; and Group Exercise Certification a plus. Please email your resume to: email@example.com.
Immediate opening for weekday afternoons and weekends. Must be at least 16 years of age with strong swimming skills and prior experience. Competitive salary. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer for youth development, health living and social responsibility.
Ridgewood YMCA Employment Application