BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT
Here at the Y, we're focused on nurturing the potential of every child, improving the nation's health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors. By joining our team you'll be inspired to make a difference every day... in a job that matters.
Ridgewood YMCA Employment Application
Print Job Description
Under direction, Reporting to the Camp Director, the Camp Counselor is expected to guide campers throughout the camping experience and assist them with daily camping activities and programs; ensure safety and well-being of campers; supervise campers and staff to ensure that camper and parent needs and expectations are met, and deliver on the overall camp experience strategy.
- Assist in the supervision of camp activities; ensure all camper participation in group and camp activities. Actively participate in activities as required to encourage participation. Build relationships with campers to assess individual needs and interests. Ensure that all program objectives are met.
- Interpret and maintain safety and health policies and procedures; review and understand the roles and responsibilities of the Camp Counselor position in emergency procedures; ensure appropriate behavior of campers and staff to avoid risk of accidents; maintain awareness of camper physical well being; participate in safety programs each week; adhere to policies and procedures when caring for injured campers; report all incidents. Promote a professional image, maintain a clean and safe environment and actively engage, orient and assist all program participants.
- Serve as role model for campers by arriving to camp, trips, meetings and activities at assigned time; display good sportsmanship; maintain a positive attitude about camp, campers, and staff; use appropriate language; follow YMCA rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining effective communication with parents/guardians regarding camper and camp activities. Ensure that campers and parents are comfortable with the activities and supervision of camp.
- Participate as a member of the staff team and perform any related duties as required.
- Participate in staff training, meetings and conferences as required.
- Ensure quality of camp by noting any problems, safety concerns, or equipment disrepair. Ensure camp and equipment cleanliness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a clean, well-groomed appearance while on duty and keeping in compliance with the Association and Department Dress Code Policy
- A continued commitment to member satisfaction by ensuring excellent Member Experience
- Maintaining the safety of all members and staff by identifying and correcting risk situations, writing incident reports, etc.
- Ensuring the overall cleanliness of the facility
- A commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Keeping the children in the care of the Ridgewood YMCA and participating in programming within the branch safe from harm and reporting signs and suspicions of abuse when necessary to the requisite state agency
Exposure to weather, wet and/or humidity, high levels of noise.
Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word to impart oral information and to convey detailed, spoken instructions to staff, members, children, and volunteers accurately, quickly, and loudly; ability to perceive the nature of sounds by ear; running quickly on land then safely entering the water; general swimming ability; ability to lift 50-75 pounds; ability to move about on foot quickly; ability to stoop, kneel, crouching and crawl; ability to clearly see at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more
- At least 16 years old, high school graduate or equivalent with experience working with children and at 3 years old or working as a Y Camp Counselor or as a counselor in a comparable program.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and experience working with children.
- Ability to deal effectively with inappropriate behavior and recognize hazard situations.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
- Acquire and maintain the following certifications, will provide camp during training:
- CPR Pro/AED/O2 (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- First Aid (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- Pediatric First Aid (valid 2 years unless otherwise noted)
- Redwoods Online Training
- Please email application and resume to: email@example.com
Member Service Representative
Immediate opening for our morning and weekend as well as afternoon and weekend shift.
Candidate must be a morning person as well as a courteous and caring professional.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the building
- Answer phones and questions relating to membership, programming and the Y
- Enroll and register individuals in membership and programming
- Give cause driven tours to prospective members
Immediate opening for mornings, afternoons and evenings. Must have current CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguarding certification. Must be at least 16 years of age, but will consider a mature 15 year old with proper certifications. Salary negotiable. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS
Inspire others. Get people moving. Join our team.
We're in search of enthusiastic, energetic instructors to join our team. Current Group Exercise, CPR/AED and at least 2 MOSSA Certifications (if you don’t have MOSSA certs, but have Les Mills, we can transition you) required, along with the ability to teach at least 2 MOSSA classes per week. Varied hours available. If interested, please email your resume to:email@example.com
AQUA EXERCISE INSTRUCTORS
We're seeking upbeat, motivated individuals to teach aqua exercise. Must be at least 18 years of age. CPR/AED Certification required; Aqua Exercise Certification preferred, but will train; and Group Exercise Certification a plus. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediate opening for weekday afternoons and weekends. Must be at least 16 years of age with strong swimming skills and prior experience. Competitive salary. Please email your resume to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer for youth development, health living and social responsibility.
Ridgewood YMCA Employment Application