Mission + Vision
OUR CAUSE DEFINEs US
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Ridgewood Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN OUR COMMUNITY
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY
Serving all incomes, ages and abilities
We served more than 22,005 people in diverse communities within the state of New Jersey.We bring together young and old, men and women, people of all faiths, backgrounds and incomes. No one is turned away for inability to pay. Scholarships, subsidies and outreach provide critical access to low-income families.
Serving vulnerable populations in our community
- Children: Our YMCA serves 20,061, members - 62.5% of those members are children and youth. The YMCA provides a wide range of activities to foster healthy, productive children including teen clubs, sports leagues, family nights and community service projects. All youth activities incorporate the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Low Income Families: We are one of the largest providers of affordable summer camps for youth and teens in our area. We offer high-quality overnight and day camp programs to working families regardless of ability to pay.
- Seniors: One of the fastest growing segments of our membership are members over 60 years of age. We provide group exercise, swim instruction, senior fellowship club and senior fitness day specifically to meet the needs of that population.
With a mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.