Your child's first camp experience is a special one. Our Y's Kidz day camp has been specially designed with our youngest campers in mind to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children to play, grow and make friends. Days are filled with fun and stimulating activities including swim lessons, sports and games, theme days, art projects, songs and much more!
All swim lessons are taught under the direction of our certified YMCA Aquatics Directors. To attend Y's Kidz, children must be toilet trained.
3 - 6
Camp: 9am-2pm; Before Care 8-9am; After Care 2-6pm
7 Campers to 1 YMCA Counselor
Camp $290.00 per one-week session. Session 3 is $232.00 (no camp on July 4).
Before Care: $65.00 per week includes light breakfast
After Care: $130.00 per week includes snack
EARLY BIRD BONUS - EXTENDED TO MARCH 4!
Register for 4-6 weeks and save $100 on camp balance
2017 DATES AND THEMES
June 19-June 23
Sailing Across the Sea
June 26-June 30
July 3-July 7 (no camp July 4)
A Week in Space
July 10-July 14
Plane Trip to Disney
July 17-July 21
Road Trip Across the US
July 24-July 28
July 31-August 4
When I Grow Up
August 7-August 11
Everyday's a Holiday
|Session 9||August 14-August 18||Summertime Hereos|
INCLUDED IN EACH SESSION
• Daily educational focuses including: Math, Technology, Science, Reading and Fitness.
• YMCA swim lessons to promote personal water safety and to learn and improve swim skills from beginner/Polliwog to advanced/Flying Fish levels.
• Art projects using recycled materials to raise environmental awareness and spark creativity and imagination.
• Camp-wide charitable event in support of community agencies and non-profit groups.
• Camp songs to encourage participation, camp unity and leadership, and provide the opportunity for organized silliness and fun.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registering for YMCA Summer Camp 2017 online is easy!
Register in one of the following ways:
- Download a registration form using link at bottom of this page.
- Email: Request a registration form by emailing Tricia Centrella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 201.444.5600 x500 to request a registration form and we’ll be happy to mail one to you.
- Mail or bring your completed registration form and deposit to Ridgewood YMCA Day Camps, 112 Oak Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.
- Fax your completed registration form to 201.493.0606.
THINGS TO KNOW
- All campers must have a Ridgewood YMCA membership valid through the entire camp session for which they are registering. To purchase a YMCA membership for your child (starting at $50 per year), please call 201.444.5600 x500 or stop by the Y. Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online on our website. If you are unsure of your child's expiration date, please give us a call to confirm.
- At time of registration, a $50 non-refundable deposit is required for each week of camp enrolled per child.
- Space is camp is limited and processed on a first come, first served basis
- Additional siblings are entitled to a 10% discount on camp
- All outstanding camp balances are due by May 8, 2017. Camper slots are subject to forfeiture if payment is not received by due date. Payments made to date will not be refunded.
- For your convenience, automatic installment payments are processed through credit or debit cards. For more information, please call 201.444.5600 x500. All deposits are due at registration.
- All campers must submit completed medical and immunization forms (signed by a physician) prior to their first day of camp. Campers will not be able to attend camp is medical forms are not received. Medical forms may be found on our website at www.ridgewoodymca.org/camp, picked up in person at our Welcome Center or call 201.444.5600 x500 to request forms in the mail.
REFUNDS AND CANCELATION POLICY
All deposits and membership fees are non-refundable.
Camp fees may be refunded as follows:
- Cancellations more than 30 days before your session start date will receive 100% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- Cancellations within 15-30 days before your session starts will receive a 50% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- No refunds will be allowed within 2 weeks of start of your camper’s session.
If your child is absent from camp for medical reasons (physician’s note required) for five consecutive days, we will attempt to place your child in another session or will issue a credit voucher. There will be no credits issued for vacations, incidental absences, transportation delays or dismissals from camp
YMCA CAMP STAFF
Camp Scholarships are available based on camp capacity, demonstrated need and the YMCA’s ability to fund the assistance. To apply for a camp scholarship, please complete the Financial Assistance Application at the bottom of this page and return to Megan Heller at 201.444.5600 x375 or email email@example.com. All requests for camp scholarships are confidential. Completed camp scholarship applications must be submitted by April 9, 2017
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
Every day, campers should bring a backpack, a healthy lunch and afternoon snack, a water bottle, sunscreen, sneakers, a swim suit and towel. Please label all of your child’s belongings. All left items will be donated at the end of summer.
DO NOT BRING
We are a nut free camp so please do not send your child to camp with any products containing nuts. Also, please do not send your child to camp with electronics (iPods, Nintendo DS, etc.). The Y is not responsible if items are lost or stolen.
Please note on your child’s medical form any special medication (prescription or non-prescription) that he/she needs.
CAMP CONTACT INFORMATION
Michelle Burke, Youth and Teen Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 201.444.5600 x337