Teen Trip Camp
Pre-teens and teens expand their horizons on day trips to area tri-state hot spots such as water parks, ballgames, NYC attractions, and the Jersey Shore.
Each morning, YMCA team building exercises start the day ensuring a fun and fulfilling experience for each participant. Whether you sign up with a friend or on your own, every week there’s the opportunity to make new friends.
12 - 14
8:30am-5:30pm (determined by destination)
Meets at the Ridgewood YMCA
10 campers per 1 YMCA Counselor; limit 30 campers/session
$580 per one week session. Price for week 2 is $464 (no camp on July 4).
EARLY BIRD BONUS - EXTENDED TO MARCH 4!
Register for 4-6 weeks and save $100 on camp balance
SESSION WEEKS AND TRIPS TO BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
HOW TO REGISTER
Register in one of the following ways:
- Download a registration form using link at bottom of this page.
- Email: Request a registration form by emailing Tricia Centrella at email@example.com.
- Call 201.444.5600 x500 to request a registration form and we’ll be happy to mail one to you.
- Mail or bring your completed registration form and deposit to Ridgewood YMCA Day Camps, 112 Oak Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.
- Fax your completed registration form to 201.493.0606.
If your child is absent from camp for medical reasons (a physician’s note will be required) for five consecutive days, we will attempt to place your child in another session or will issue a credit voucher. There will be no credits issued for vacations, incidental absences, transportation delays or dismissals from camp
THINGS TO KNOW
- All campers must have a Ridgewood YMCA membership valid through the entire camp session for which they are registering. To purchase a YMCA membership for your child (starting at $50 per year), please call 201.444.5600 x500 or stop by the Y. Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online on our website. If you are unsure of your child's expiration date, please give us a call to confirm.
- At time of registration, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required for each week of camp enrolled per child.
- Space is camp is limited and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional siblings are entitled to a 10% discount on camp.
- All outstanding camp balances are due by May 8, 2017. Camper slots are subject to forfeiture if payment is not received by due date. Payments made to date will not be refunded.
- For your convenience, automatic installment payments are processed through credit or debit cards. For more information, please call 201.444.5600 x500. All deposits are due at registration.
- All campers must submit completed medical and immunization forms (signed by a physician) prior to their first day of camp. Campers will not be able to attend camp is medical forms are not received. Medical forms may be found on our website at www.ridgewoodymca.org/camp, picked up in person at our Welcome Center or call 201.444.5600 x500 to request forms in the mail.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All deposits and membership fees are non-refundable.
Camp fees may be refunded as follows:
- Cancellations more than 30 days before your session start date will receive 100% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- Cancellations within 15-30 days before your session starts will receive a 50% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- No refunds will be allowed within 2 weeks of start of your camper’s session.
If your child is absent from camp for medical reasons (physician’s note required) for five consecutive days, we will attempt to place your child in another session or will issue a credit voucher. There will be no credits issued for vacations, incidental absences, transportation delays or dismissals from camp
YMCA CAMP STAFF
Our counselors complete at least 25 hours of YMCA training including child abuse prevention, risk management, youth development and more. Prior to hiring, all staff over the age of 18 undergo a thorough background check.
Camp Scholarships are available based on camp capacity, demonstrated need and the YMCA’s ability to fund the assistance. To apply for a camp scholarship, please complete the Financial Assistance Application at the bottom of this page and return to Megan Heller at 201.444.5600 x375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for camp scholarships are confidential. Completed camp scholarship applications must be submitted by April 9, 2017
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
DO NOT BRING
Please note on your child’s medical form any special medication (prescription or non-prescription) that he/she needs.
Our 2017 Camp Handbook will be available shortly.
CAMP CONTACT INFORMATION
Michelle Burke, Youth and Teen Director
email@example.com / 201.444.5600 x337