With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth and teen, improves the families’ health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Since 1902, the Ridgewood YMCA has stood for caring, honesty, respect and responsibility, and has provided programs designed to teach and promote the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
The YMCA embraces people of all ages, incomes, abilities, religions and ethnic backgrounds; we are for everyone.
We need your support to help children and teens grow up happy and strong; to support families in their efforts to be successful and to make our communities safer, healthier, better places to live and work.
The Oak Street Branch and YMCA Camp Bernie rely on the generous support of hundreds of donors every year to ensure that its programs and facilities are available to all. Our commitment is that every person can be a member of the YMCA regardless of economic circumstances.
Your donation helps to support the Ridgewood Y Good Works Programs, which include:
- Summer camp and swim program scholarships
- Peer support, mentoring and autistic therapy programs
- Employment for special needs students
- “Living Strong, Living Well” fitness program for cancer patients and survivors
- “Delay the Disease” exercise program for those struggling with Parkinson’s Disease
- Fellowship and fitness therapy programs for senior citizens and adults with autism
- Financial support for YMCA family memberships and programs
- Scholarships for families of deployed military personnel
- Volunteer opportunities for youth and adults
The Good Works Programs are the core of what the Y stands for - Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility, the results of which we see everyday in the faces of those who participate. A contribution in any amount would ensure these programs are available to everyone who needs them.