For over 45 years, Camp Pamacka has offered children ages 6-12 the opportunity to expand their talents and interests, build self-confidence, and create lasting memories and friendships. Pamacka days are packed with swim lessons (taught under the direction of our certified YMCA Aquatic Directors), sports, camp songs, games, special trips, theme parties and of course, loads of fun!
6 - 12
Camp: 9am-5pm; before care 8-9am; after care 5-6pm
LOCATION: A local public school and the Ridgewood YMCA
RATIO: 10 Campers to 1 YMCA Counselor
Camp: $650.00 per 2 week "session (one-week sessions are available at $375.00 per week). Session 2 is $585.00 (no camp on July 4).
Before Care: $70.00 per week
After Care: $70.00 per week
Early Bird Bonus - EXTENDED TO MARCH 4!
Register for 4-6 weeks and save $100 on camp balance
2017 DATES AND themes
|Session 1 Week 1||June 26 - June 30||Spectacular Space Week|
|Session 1 Week 2||July 3 - July 7||Patriots Week|
|Session 2 Week 1||July 10 - July 14||Epic Sports Week|
|Session 2 Week 2||July 17 - July 21||Wonderful Wizard's Week|
|Session 3 Week 1||July 24 - July 28||Wild West Week|
|Session 3 Week 2||July 31 - August 4||Pirate Week|
|Session 4 Week 1||August 7 - August 11||Everything Earth Week|
|Session 4 Week 2||August 14 - August 18||Amazing Animal Week|
INCLUDED IN EACH TWO WEEK SESSION
• Art projects using recycled materials to raise environmental awareness and spark creativity and imagination.
• Camp-wide charitable event in support of community agencies and non-profit groups.
• YMCA swim lessons to promote personal water safety and to learn and improve swim skills from beginner/Polliwog to advanced/Flying Fish.
• Sports lessons and game play to foster teamwork and to learn and improve sports and motor skills.
• Camp songs to encourage participation, camp unity and leadership and provide the opportunity for organized
silliness and fun.
• Field trip for education and recreation in a different learning environment and the opportunity for responsibility in a supervised setting.
• Trip to Graydon Pool to practice swim skills learned in camp and enjoy outdoor recreational swimming and beach play.
FIELD TRIP SCHEDULE
|June 23||Fun Time America|
|June 28||NY Hall of Science|
|July 7||Graydon Pool|
|July 12||Rockland Boulders Baseball Game|
|July 21||Graydon Pool|
|July 28||Wild West City / Point Pleasant Boardwalk|
|August 4||Graydon Pool|
|August 9||Lego Land / Discover Center|
|August 16||Bronx Zoo|
|August 25||Camp Bernie Experience|
*trips are subject to change
HOW TO REGISTER
Registering for YMCA Summer Camp 2017 online is easy!
Register in one of the following ways:
- Download a registration form using link at bottom of this page.
- Email: Request a registration form by emailing Tricia Centrella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 201.444.5600 x500 to request a registration form and we’ll be happy to mail one to you.
- Mail or bring your completed registration form and deposit to Ridgewood YMCA Day Camps, 112 Oak Street, Ridgewood, NJ 07450.
- Fax your completed registration form to 201.493.0606.
THINGS TO KNOW
- All campers must have a Ridgewood YMCA membership valid through the entire camp session for which they are registering. To purchase a YMCA membership for your child (starting at $50 per year), please call 201.444.5600 x500 or stop by the Y. Memberships may also be purchased or renewed online on our website. If you are unsure of your child's expiration date, please give us a call to confirm.
- At time of registration, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required for each week or session of camp enrolled per child.
- Space is camp is limited and processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Additional siblings are entitled to a 10% discount on camp.
- All outstanding camp balances are due by May 8, 2017. Camper slots are subject to forfeiture if payment is not received by due date. Payments made to date will not be refunded.
- For your convenience, automatic installment payments are processed through credit or debit cards. For more information, please call 201.444.5600 x500. All deposits are due at registration.
- All campers must submit completed medical and immunization forms (signed by a physician) prior to their first day of camp. Campers will not be able to attend camp is medical forms are not received. Medical forms may be found on our website at www.ridgewoodymca.org/camp, picked up in person at our Welcome Center or call 201.444.5600 x500 to request forms in the mail.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
All deposits and membership fees are non-refundable.
Camp fees may be refunded as follows:
- Cancellations more than 30 days before your session start date will receive 100% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- Cancellations within 15-30 days before your session starts will receive a 50% refund (minus deposit and membership fees)
- No refunds will be allowed within 2 weeks of start of your camper’s session.
If your child is absent from camp for medical reasons (physicians’s note required) for five consecutive days, we will attempt to place your child in another session or will issue a credit voucher. There will be no credits issued for vacations, incidental absences, transportation delays or dismissals from camp
YMCA CAMP STAFF
Our counselors complete at least 25 hours of YMCA training including child abuse prevention, risk management, youth development and more. Prior to hiring, all staff over the age of 18 undergo a thorough background check.
Camp Scholarships are available based on camp capacity, demonstrated need and the YMCA’s ability to fund the assistance. To apply for a camp scholarship, please complete the Financial Assistance Application at the bottom of this page and return to Megan Heller at 201.444.5600 x375 or email email@example.com. All requests for camp scholarships are confidential. Completed camp scholarship applications must be submitted by April 9, 2017
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
DO NOT BRING
Please note on your child’s medical form any special medication (prescription or non-prescription) that he/she needs.
CAMP CONTACT INFORMATION
Michelle Burke, Youth and Teen Director
firstname.lastname@example.org / 201.444.5600 x337